Saturday, October 23, 2010

A struggle with snacking...

My first few days of being on the weight loss wagon have been alright. I have been trying to watch what I eat, and make healthy decisions. I started buying veggies and storing them in portion sizes to enjoy at meal times or snack times. However, my love of baking is a weakness of mine that is going to hinder my goal. I love to bake/cook. I have a guilty habbit of eating for the sake of eating. I have put all my baking in a cupboard where I cannot see it, because every time I walk into the kitchen, there goes another cookie (muffin, bisquit, etc) in my mouth :(

I am not cutting anything out 100%. I believe eating in moderation is good. But not when I am eating like 10 goodies per day. I need to realize that the only person I am "hurting" by sneaking these extra treats is myself. I am trying to offer myself and my children veggies, fruit, or smoothies in place of our previous snacks of junk food. When I am in a grocery store, I am proud to say that the majority of the time I avert my eyes past the cookies, chips, etc.

November 3rd is my 6 week Post-natal check up, which means I am on the look out for some sort of exercise program. (dance, Yoga, join a gym, we shall see what I can find!) I have been walking, but nothing that I would count as physical activity:) And so, I continue on for another week of making healthier choices and decisons.

~Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment